New TEER System for Express Entry..
New TEER System is replacing NOC codes for the Express Entry Stream, this year. It is going to come into effect around fall of 2022. The National Occupation Classification plays a vital role in Immigration of Canada, especially, in Express Entry Stream. To clarify, temporary foreign workers are required to demonstrate their work experience in skill levels 0, A or B to be eligible for this stream. Therefore, replacement of NOCs with TEER is definitely something you need to know..!!
The new TEER system represents the degree of Training, Education, Experience and Responsibilities required for an occupation for Express Entry. Moreover, it will include a new five-digit hierarchical structure instead of 4-digit Skill Level structure of NOCs.
Overview of TEER System:
TEER 0: Management occupations.
TEER 1: 1. Completed a University degree (Bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate); or
2. Obtained several years of experience in a specific occupation from TEER 2.
TEER 2: 1. Completed post-secondary education program of two to three years at community college, institute of technology or CEGEP; or
2. Completed 2-5 years of an apprenticeship training program; or
3. Managed responsibilities of supervision or significant safety occupations; or
4. Obtained several years of experience in a specific occupation from TEER 3.
TEER 3: 1. Completed post-secondary education program of fewer than two years; or
2. Completed an apprenticeship training of fewer than two years; or
3. Obtained more than six months of on job training, undertook training courses or specific work experience with some secondary education; or
4. Have acquired several years of experience in a specific occupation from TEER 4.
TEER 4: 1. Completed secondary school; or
2. Obtained on job training for several weeks with some secondary school education; or
3. Have acquired several years of experience in specific occupation from TEER 5.
TEER 5: Short work demonstration and no formal education requirements.